czwartek, 21 maja 2009

Cock tease

I didn't want to tell Matt about Natalee. I didn't want him to think I was a funeral crasher. I thought this blog was a perfect place to vent my frustrations.

But she cancelled me Tuesday night, and this blog was not quite enough. She didn't call me, you know. She didn't give me a reason for cancelling; if she did I might have felt like writing about it. She didn't say whether she ever wanted to meet again.
This is what she texted me, at 3 pm: "I hope you're not counting on having dinner with me tonite. I'm not in town."

My phone buzzed, I read the text and got a horrible nosebleed. I had to lay on the floor for nearly half an hour before it stopped. Matt cleaned my desk for me and was quite worried. Even though I've known him for almost five years now, I've never had such a bad one in front of him before. I didn't tell him what had invoked it. Not then.

But yesterday I blurted it all out, I started telling him about her at 10.30 in our coffee break, and almost spoke non-stop for twenty minutes. I just didn't understand Natalee, and I thought perhaps Matt could tell me what was going on. I guess I expected him to know a tad more about women because he's got Sally.

"By the sounds of it," Matt said when I'd finished, "you've found yourself a cock tease."
"You mean she never wanted to sleep with me in the first place?"
"I dunno why women do what they do, but she's a cock tease, she is. If you care for my advice, mate, steer clear from the likes of her."
I nodded, as if I knew exactly what he meant.
"The only way to get her out of your system is to pull some crumpet."

So I'm going to Fabric with him this Friday. I have to say I'm quite excited about the Japanese Popstars...

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz